October 11, 2011

puddings…

 

last friday, I was not feeling well while at work so I sms-ed shah that I wanna go home early. he fetched me at 2 pm and we went for lunch.

the early exit from office was supposed to be me in bed resting but my mind was elsewhere. I just wanna bake something so I bought few things on our way home.

as I stepped into our home, I went straight to the kitchen and woila…

Bread pudding

bread pudding with creamy custard sauce on top… I just love the custard…

recipe courtesy from here… I change some of it to my preference…

Ingredients:

1 loaf of bread

4 eggs

700ml of fresh milk

2 teaspoons vanilla essence

1/2 cup sugar

Pinch of salt

Method:

soaked the bread in the milk for half an hour. In another bowl, add eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla essence and stir. mix the contents with the soaked bread and stir evenly. make sure the milk covers the bread entirely.

preheat the oven. pour in the bread mixture into a greased baking pan. place it in the oven at 200° Celcius for about 45 minutes to an hour, until it is cooked.

for the creamy sauce, I used a can of evaporated milk, 2 tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoon of custard powder. mixed all in a pot and cook at a lower heat with constant stirring till it turns creamy….

oh I make another pudding too… it’s chocolate pudding but… I forgot to snap it… hhrrmmmm…

No comments: