December 3, 2010

when a man loves his women…

is about a man who will not leave the world, till death do us apart… and that was my one and only tok bah and his wives.

tok bah was my maternal grandfather, who had 4 wives, two of them divorced (that include arwah my grandmother), they remarried and had their own families. having 4 grandmothers, it’s no surprise to see how the stems on my family tree continue to grow (referring to my geni.com) and become complex. i have uncles and aunties who are related to me but they are not related to each other, i see all round of close relatives, distance relatives and even relatives who are totally strangers to me.  confusing eh.. well, i’m not going into that. all i know they are related to me.

now.. my grandmothers’ story… my 1st step grandmother passed away long time ago, i cant remember when coz i was not close to her and i didnt attend her funeral (i wonder why.. maybe i was away studying…?? ). followed by my 4th step grandmother in Aug 2009. two months later in Oct 2009, my grandmother (she was his 2nd, ex-wife) passed away and recently in Sept 2010, my 3rd step grandmother.

and now.. as i was told, tok bah started having mild stroke about 10 years ago but became worse 6 years then and bedridden. it was really heart wrenching watching him each time i visited him at his abode. although he cant move and talk, sometimes i see tears falling on his face and i knew he can hear. and despite his condition, he lived long enough, as if to let his wives and ex-wives go before him. 

last tuesday, Nov 30, 2010, tok bah left us at age of 95. as much as i want to remember him, i will not keep the memories of him being sick when he was with us but always be remembered as who he was 30 years ago in his most affectionate manner to his wives, his children and his grandchildren… tok bah, you will be greatly missed… as much as i missed arwah mummy each and every day..

semoga roh arwah tok bah, tok nanny, tok nab, tok aunty, tok saadah dan arwah mummy dicucuri Rahmat and ditempatkan dikalangan orang-orang yang beriman… Al-Fatihah…

No comments: