December 12, 2008

dedicated employee...

i got up in the morning and got ready for work. that morning also i sent my PIL to UH for their monthly check-up. nice weather but rather odd seeing less cars on the road. traffic at federal highway towards pj was smooth. when i reached UH, the entrance was congested so they asked me to drop them near the small gate at the bus stop. after making U turn, i drove straight to my office. as i was turning to the office, the area seems very quiet, shops all closed. pelik.. kenapa kedai sume tutup nih?

i parked at my usual parking lot and dialled a number...
me: hi reen... busy? you kat office ke?
reen: kat office? hari ni Selangor public holiday la..
me: ye ke? cuti apa ek?
reen: Sultan Selangor's birthday..
me: really!!! i tak tau pun. ni i dah sampai my office. patut la senyap sunyi je area my office nih..
reen: lol... u nikan very dedicated employee la... tapi tak kena time gitu. org cuti, you keje..
me: tu la.. ni la kesnye bila tak tengok kalendar kan..bazir je i bangun pepagi nih..

yesterday was a public holiday in Selangor but being me, i went to work duh!!. sungguh tak peka okay. i went into the office, packed my laptop and went home. first thing i'm going to do when i get the 2009 calendar is to jot down all public/states holidays on it. i'm not going to miss any holidays no more.. :D

2 comments:

Shopaholic Mama said...

No wonder KL packed last Thurs coz they said Selangor holiday so orang Selangor semua datang shopping kat KL!

eyna said...

yessa.. orang KL pergi kerja, orang Selangor pergi shopping!!!