November 18, 2011

he cried… i cried too…

nov 17, 2011… it was a date that brought tears to adli’s eyes… and me..

after the teacher announced the names of 10 chosen students for the UPSR results, adli’s class teacher distributed the result slip to each of the students. I went to the front hall looking for him and saw he was sitting quietly looking so down. I called him few times and the moment he saw me, he burst into tears…

being a soft-hearted mother, I couldn’t hold back my tears looking at him. I went to him and asked why… he couldn’t say a word and cried. I took him out the hall and looked at the slip… 3As 2Bs.. alhamdulillah…

I’m happy and proud of him – whatever the results.. I know he has done the best he can but it was heartbreaking … NOT because of the result… but to see the mixed emotions he was having at that time… he was surprised… confused… anger… sad… dissappointed… upset and all.

he looked so sad and down that I asked permission from his class teacher to bring him home.. he cried all the way to my office.. oh yeah I had to work on that day so I brought him to the office coz I couldn’t leave him home alone in that condition… no way..

of course we pujuk and advised him all. syukur he’s feeling okay now.

Adli… I know you have done the best you can and I’m so proud of you – whatever the results are.. there are many opportunities ahead of you, so the journey has begun… always remember that “learning is a journey, not a destination”… mama loves you always.

school holidays start tomorrow… “Pearl of the Orient” here I come… woohoo..

No comments: