March 17, 2009

cough relieve…

the day i got sore throat, which was on my birthday, the itchiness at my throat was so irritable that i had persistent cough and have been coughing out my lungs especially at night. i couldn’t sleep and due to lack of sleep, i got real bad headache the next day. it’s like something pumping in my head and could explode in no time. i tried taking a nap after lunch but soon after, the cough started. gosh…it’s so irritating. i took cough syrup, strepsils, drank malt with honey and even gurgle with salt water but that itchiness at my throat just wouldn’t go away.

so one night, after few nights of sleepless, i tried rubbing some vicks around my throat and chest, and pray that i could sleep well. guess what!! it really works. it stop my coughing almost instantly. although the vicks lasted for maybe 5-6 hours before the cough came back, at least i get to have a cough-free sleep.

so the next day, i surf about vicks… it does relieve cough temporarily.. duh…

so if you are coughing, try this method ok…

2 comments:

Shopaholic Mama said...

oh Vicks, dont leave home without it!

If you have a cold or running nose, put some vicks into a hot water then inhale the vapour or wap, also can relieve a bit.

eyna said...

tak tahan la nak inhale the vapour tu. macam lemas gitu... but i know it helps...