February 13, 2008

not a mandarin orange...

since my graduation last year, all the study books were nicely arranged on a cabinet in my office. i have been long to read some of it but the desire has yet to come. so today, with not much contemplation, i picked mandarin module.

i still remembered the first mandarin lesson in my 3rd year of studies. in 3 semesters, we learned to converse with correct intonation, listen to mandarin conversation and write simple chinese characters. despite of being fascinated with the language, i was actually struggling. i may be able to converse some of it but to be able to listen and understand a conversation was a frustrating moment. eventually, i completed the papers without repeating any of it. alhamdulillah..

after couple of years not practising the language, it becomes so new to me. i totally forgot almost every word of it. it's time for me to pick up what's left behind. for a start, "ni hao ma?. wo hen hao. xiexie.."

2 comments:

Leilanie said...

Eyna,

Happy Valentine's Day to you.

P/s :
I can hardly speak Mandarin, too.
haa haa....
Habih kalau satu keluarga mengumpat pasal I, I dok senyum tak paham... muah haa haa.....

eyna said...

hi lanie,

happy V-day to you too!

dont worry! they have no reason to mengumpat you coz you are loved by all in your family..

p/s: kalau nak, jom kita belajar mandarin together2..:D