September 20, 2007

car breakdown... again...

twice my car's temp meter went straight up to the end, which makes me panic, fear and stress. panic because the car may burst with smoke while driving especially when there's traffic. fear because i'm driving alone and people may take advantage when they see a woman with car breakdown. stress because fear that it will happen again, and my eyes keep looking at the temp meter while driving.

the 1st time, was last tuesday where i was on my way to my office. luckily i was almost reaching my office area so i stopped awhile, called my brother for his advise. i drove less than 20km with hazard light on and managed to park in front of office. by afternoon, the temp has gone back to normal so i'm relieved but i urged the mechanic to come, however my brother came instead. well, this mechanic is actually his friend so most probably his friend must have asked my brother to see whats the problem with the car. fine! my brother tested driving the car around and found nothing wrong with the temp. so he said must be the meter giving problem as the radiator fan works as normal. ok! so yesterday, seems to be no problem with the meter.

2nd time was this morning, again i was on my office to office, as i reached the new flyover going to LDP through the FTZ route, the temp went up. i stopped, hazard light on, engine off and called the mechanic. followed his instruction but still the meter temp was high. i got frusted coz the mechanic insisted it was the meter problem. feeling unsatisfied, i called the LDP patrol. they cant help as it was out of LDP route but they told me most probably there's leaking with the radiator. well, i get more frustrated. i'm surprised that no one stopped to assist, which i felt relieved as well. everyone must be rushing for work. i waited for half hour, then started the engine. i was really relieved that the temp meter went back to normal. i drove slowly and alhamdulillah i reached office safe and sound.

my biggest fear now is will it happen again on my way home after work. i pray it will not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

alamak, how lar now? dah ok ker ur car? kesian u.

eyna said...

now car dah ok... kes thermostat rosak.. mmg useless la mekanik tu. ada ke kata meter rosak.. tau ke tidak dia ni repair cars. eee hangat tul i. mmg sah takan pegi lagi kat workshop dia tu..

ala2 lagu kris dayanti kan...
thank u so much... i'm sorry... gudbye.... tu diaaa....

Anonymous said...

hahahaa but i don't like lagu KD yg nie...mcm klakar pula bunyinya esp the lyrics.

btw, restaurant seafood kat blkg plaza alam sentral tu nama apa? all the while i tot Nelayan Seafood, rupa2nya salah.

eyna said...

kalau la nelayan seafood, tiap weekend i layan kat sana.. hehe.. kalau tak silap i la, Restaurant Seafood Taman Tasik Shah Alam kot.. I went there once but it was long time ago. food not bad but pricey la. i remember one steam fish tu.. melatup jugak..